4,000 YEARS AGO THE WORLD'S LARGEST PREHISTORIC MINE IN WALES' GREAT ORME MOUNTAIN WAS MINED ON 9 LEVELS

Saturday 27 November 2010

5) TOUCHING ON THE PRESELI HILLS


In the last ICE AGE the POLAR ICE SHEET narrowly avoided the PRESELI HILLS in WALES. It was therefore always possible for the BLUE STONES that went to form the INNER CIRCLE of the STONEHENGE OBSERVATORY to be obtained.

As I walked towards the PRESELI HILLS it seemed to me that the jagged and rocky outcrops atop the hills resembled a DRAGON'S BACK. The nearby fertile valley from where I had emerged showed no evidence of any GLACIAL DEPOSIT or GLACIAL EROSION. These hills are in the south of WALES and they are situated almost on the coast of the IRISH SEA. When I arrived at the top I found the quarried area and there I stood amazed. With only the lark for company I felt as if I'd been transported back in time.

When the ice was receding about 10,000 years ago the people of the STONEHENGE AREA obviously followed the line northwards and they surely came to the PRESELI HILLS and immediately recognised the BLUE STONES for what they were; ROCKS which contain special CRYSTALS. I picked up a small fragment lying half-buried in the grass. It was half the size of my hand. When I cleaned it I found it contained 10 individual crystals.

One important man in the unfolding story, a man whose footsteps I surely trod in during my search for the BLUE STONES and the amazing CRYSTALS, was a man called MERLIN. And as all the world knows his art was MAGIC.